Envy Business Profile Policy
The following terms, as well as our Data Policy and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, apply to all Business Profile on Envy. Additionally, all content on Business Profile must comply with our Community Standards. You are responsible for ensuring that your Business Profile complies with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
1. A Business Profile for a brand, entity (place or organization), or public figure may be administered only by an authorized representative of that brand, entity (place or organization) or public figure (an “official Business Profile”).
2. Any user may create a Business Profile to express support for or interest in a brand, entity (place or organization), or public figure, provided that it does not mislead others into thinking it is an official Business Profile, or violate someone’s rights. If your Business Profile is not the official Business Profile of a brand, entity (place or organization) or public figure, you must:
- not speak in the voice of, or post content as though it was coming from, the authorized representative of the Business Profile’s subject matter; and
- make clear that the Business Profile is not the official Business Profile of the brand, entity (place or organization) or public figure.
3. Content posted to a Business Profile is public and viewable by everyone who can see the Business Profile.
4. You are required to restrict access to Business Profile (through our gating functionality) as necessary to comply with applicable laws and Envy policies, including our Community Standards.
5. You may not establish terms for your Business Profile that conflict with our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, Data Policyor these terms.
Business Profile Management
Business Profile Names and Envy Web Addresses
Business Profile names and Envy Web Addresses must accurately reflect Business Profile content. We may remove administrative rights or require you to change the Business Profile name and Envy Web Address for any Business Profile that fails to meet this requirement.
Business Profile names must:
- not consist solely of generic terms (e.g., “beer” or “pizza”);
- use proper, grammatically correct capitalization and may not include all capitals, except for acronyms;
- not include character symbols, such as excessive punctuation and trademark designations;
- not include superfluous descriptions or unnecessary qualifiers;
- not mislead others into thinking it is an official Business Profile of the Business Profile’s subject matter or is authorized by an authorized representative of the Business Profile’s subject matter; and
- not violate someone’s rights.
Name Changes and Merges
Name changes and merges must not result in a misleading or unintended connection and must not substantially change the Business Profile’s subject matter. Additionally, you must not request a name change or merge that would result in re-categorizing a product Business Profile to a brand Business Profile, a generic or opinion Business Profile to a brand Business Profile, or a Group to a Business Profile.
Collection of Data
If you collect content and information directly from users, you will make it clear that you (and not Envy) are collecting it, and you will provide notice about and obtain user consent for your use of the content and information that you collect. Regardless of how you obtain content and information from users, you are responsible for securing all necessary permissions to reuse their content and information.
You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access Envy, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
Don’t use information obtained from a person’s interaction with your call-to-action for any purpose other than to provide the service associated with the call-to-action. If you want to use this information for any other purpose, first obtain a person’s explicit consent.
You must not inaccurately tag content or encourage users to inaccurately tag content (ex: don’t encourage people to tag themselves in photos if they aren’t in the photo).
Business Profile Features
Branded Content on Business Profile
1. Branded content must comply with our Branded Content Policies.
2. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including by ensuring that you provide all necessary disclosures to people using Envy, such as any disclosures needed to indicate the commercial nature of content posted by you.
All covers are public. This means that anyone who visits your Business Profile will be able to see your cover. Covers can’t be deceptive, misleading, or infringe on anyone else’s copyright. You may not encourage people to upload your cover to their personal timelines.
Applications on Business Profile
Apps on your Business Profile must comply with the Envy Platform Policies.
If you create an offer using Envy’s offer creation tool, the following policies apply:
1. Envy offers must be available for a limited time.
2. You may only run an offer if you are the merchant for or the manufacturer of the product or service you are promoting.
3. You must clearly and prominently disclose any restrictions on your offer (such as expiration date or limitations on redemption).
4. You are solely responsible for improper redemption, fraud, disputes or other issues that arise from the distribution and/or redemption of your offer.
5. If your offer may be redeemed at a merchant not operated by you, it is your sole responsibility to communicate with the merchant and ensure they honor your offer.
6. You must only use the offer creation tool for its intended functionality and not to promote your website or other contact information, or to offer the equivalent of a gift card, gift certificate or stored value card.
7. You are responsible for ensuring that your offer complies with these terms and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Offers are subject to many regulations (such as alcohol discounts and offers marketed to minors) and if you are not certain that your offer complies with applicable law, consult with an expert.
1. If you use Envy to communicate or administer a promotion (ex: a contest or sweepstakes), you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:
- The official rules;
- Offer terms and eligibility requirements (ex: age and residency restrictions); and
- Compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion and all prizes offered (ex: registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals)
2. Promotions on Envy must include the following:
- A complete release of Envy by each entrant or participant.
- Acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Envy.
3. Promotions may be administered on Business Profile or within apps on Envy. Personal Timelines and friend connections must not be used to administer promotions (ex: “share on your Timeline to enter” or “share on your friend’s Timeline to get additional entries”, and “tag your friends in this post to enter” are not permitted).
4. We will not assist you in the administration of your promotion, and you agree that if you use our service to administer your promotion, you do so at your own risk.
Business Profile Content
1. Business Profile promoting the private sale of regulated goods or services (including firearms, alcohol, tobacco, or adult products) must restrict access to a minimum age of 18.
2. Business Profile that promote or facilitate online gambling, games of skill or lotteries, including online casino, sports books, bingo, or poker, are only allowed in specific countries with prior authorization from Envy.
3. Business Profile must not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals. Business Profile for online pharmacies may be permitted with prior approval from Envy.
4. Business Profile must not contain false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive claims or content.
Amended Business Profile Terms for State and Local Governments in the United States